Biography: O'Connor studied at at Leicester School of Art 1930-1933 and at the RCA 1933-37 where he was taught by Eric Ravilious and John Ash. He attended evening classes in printing and typography at the Central School where he exhibited his first four engravings. He taught at the Birmingham School of Art from 1037 and from 1038 he started teaching at the West of England School of Art in Bristol. During WWII he served in the RAF and after his release he taught at Hastings School of Art. In 1945 he became Head of Colchester School of Art. After he retired in 1964 to concentrate more on his own work, he taught part-time at St. Martins School of Art from 1964 - 1974. He then moved to Scotland and taught regularly at the Glasgow School of Art. He was a prolific and exciting artist in many media. He worked mainly on book illustrations often also writing the books. He did work for the Golden Cockerel Press, Hutchinson, Collins and the New York Limited Editions Club. He was elected to the Society of Wood Engravers in 1937.